Total Pageviews

Saturday 7 December 2013

How Do You Cope When Your Bestie has a Brain Bleed ??



Me and Shaz


Similar to a Aneurysm

Just wanted to let you on this one as about 3 Months ago I got a call from My Friend Robert and advised me that Sharon (His wife) just came home from work and complained that she had a headache, and went straight to the Bathroom and collapsed.

I froze and as Rob started crying I cried because I never expected this to happen to her, a mother and wife and good friend!

During the next few days they cut open her head and removed a tumor the size of a 50c coin! 
Now Robert was traveling to the hospital which was 2 1/2 hours from where they stay and still looking after there wonderful twins who are 7 years old. This is the only picture i could find they are abit bigger now.


Now I met Sharon 9 years ago at a Barbecue (we call it a braai) and got on very well, laughed at the same thing, confided in each other about stuff and trusted each other.

They always have had a smile on there faces, even though they struggled alot financially and also a few years ago lost there house, and really struggled each day, yet they managed and coped every day.

Rob her husband has gone through alot these passed few months and really take my hat off to him, juggling around for the kids and running backwards and forwards for the kids, and just holds thumbs for his wife to get back home again and to be back to normal.

So we caught a train to Perth, Not a Perth person,  too many people :-) and would of got lost just driving into town.  The train ride was nice, my daughter came with me it was 2 hours but where we booked into a hotel which was like 5 minutes from the Hospital , which was Perfect.

We walked in and asked for Ward G , showed us where to go, right got there Nope next floor. We stood there and had about 4 people in the office , there were 2 open offices on both side, so we stand there and this lady acknowledges us , we wait she looks at us Phone rings and she answers, puts the phone down still waiting for Can I help You..Nothing, I dont understand if You work in a hospital where you deal with people on a daily basis, you have to have people skills, Eventually I shouted and said Can ANYONE just tell me how to get to this ward ! I was so annoyed eventually this other lady came and told me Unbelievable !

Well we eventually found our way after walking around half an hour,  We got to her room but she was not there as she was in Physio...So Candy and I waited and waited, played Eye Spy, then made things out of the hospital gloves, then tore out pictures for her room and stuck them up.

HOPE THIS PIC would make her learn how to smile

Hour Later she came in and we said  "Hey Sharon"  she just stared at me....the thing is you don't know how you going to react ! But seeing her in the bed helpless I tried so hard to keep my emotions in, and managed to brave the tears , even my daughter said to me "Mom Please don't cry" as she sees me cry she cries!

So I asked her whats My Name, and she remebered and said  "Olie" which is my Nickname and she can talk bit by bit but looking at her she is paralysed on one side , and we spoke and told her to kick her legs up and touch my hand and she did, and was very impressed. 





I bought her a teddy bear and wrote her name on and gave her a Get well Soon Card which I read out to her......................and Yip it all came out I cried together with my daughter ! Shaz lifted her hand up and held mine which made me cry even more.  

I composed myself and then it was dinner and she ate very well, and she even lifted the cup up to feed herself.
Feeding herself

Shaz Room to remind her of all the People who Loves her




We wrote this and ooooops sorry we found the pen in our bag !!



I am hoping to see if I can help and to perhaps see if we can donate Any Food Parcels or clothing  for the twins for
 THE FRADLS

I did specify donations earlier but Rob Confirmed that Most bills are paid by the Goverment due to there circumstances. 

The smallest Gift can be appreciated even if its just a phone call or text 

Thank You everyone and remember always Be Kind and appreciate things in Life
It makes a big difference just by helping someone or just a Thank You..

Rob - 0478 628 881
robert.fradl@hotmail.com

My Good Friend
Waiting at the Hospital




2nd January 2014

To date nothing has changed Rob is still travelling backwards and forward to visit her and take her out
During my time I managed to find a site and who knows some people will help and made her a site

https://funds.gofundme.com/index.php?route=donate2/donate&url=twistedsiztersblog



Hope something comes out of this

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment